Extended Health Care Benefit Details
Extended Health Care Vision Care
You and your eligible dependents are covered for Vision care services as follows:
- One (1) set of eyeglasses (lenses and frames) once in any consecutive 24 month period, up to a maximum benefit of $350. Remaining balances cannot be applied to future vision claims.
- One (1) set of replacement lenses if in the same 24 month period your prescription changes or lenses become damaged up to a maximum benefit of $100.00.
- Contact lenses, in lieu of glasses, up to a maximum of $350 per individual, once in any continuous period of 24 months.
- Laser Eye surgery up to a lifetime maximum reimbursement of $1,000.
- All lenses must be prescribed by a legally qualified optometrist or ophthalmologist and must be for the correction of vision defects.
- A completed claim form must be submitted with the original paid receipts including (final payment date) and the original prescription.
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses must be purchased in Canada and Laser Eye surgery must be performed in Canada.
You will not be reimbursed for the following:
- Non prescription reading glasses, sunglasses, tinted other than (type 1 or 2) glasses, anti-reflective coatings or safety glasses.